Wednesday, August 15, 2007

"I would like to correct my friend, I am Serbian not Croatian"

For those of you who don’t watch tennis I will tell you that Novak Djokovic, a young 20 year old Serb, defeated the number one tennis player in the world Roger Federer to win the Rogers Cup in Montreal. The Serb also defeated Rafael Nadal and Andy Roddick on his way to the final. Now for those who watch tennis you will know that this is no easy feat. Another proud moment for Serbians around the world…yay! Since I got that out of the way I can get to the root of the problem which coincidentally happens to be a rant. :)

At the press conference after the match a foolish match official “mistakenly” introduced Novak as a Croatian……*fumes come out of ears*
If it was me I would have starting throwing microphones at people but being the calm, collective man he is, Novak simply stood up and replied “I would like to correct my friend, I am Serbian not Croatian.”
Now, this may have been a mistake as the official claims it was, but you would have to be just plain stupid to not know that Serbs and Croats don’t get along. I’m sure most people don’t know why but most do know that there is tension there. Furthermore, as an official who introduces the competitors, he would most likely have a little information on his notes about both players. Information such as: Name, Age, Nationality, Gender…right?
You dumb fuck!

I’m not going to claim that this was a deliberate act of discrimination or racism because I don’t have any concrete evidence…for all I know this guy could just be another ignorant waste of flesh and space. But every time I hear something moronic like this it fires me up. Not only is it a slap in the face for me as a Serb, it’s also another fine example of how uneducated this world is. Watching the news or reading the newspaper once in a while won’t kill you.

Anyways, I could go on writing about this incident for a lot longer but to save everyone, mainly myself, some time I will quit and leave you all with this message: READ N*GGA READ

Good old I.T….you are too quotable for your own good.

Eager Iggy out.

4 comments:

Dillon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dillon said...

I am surprised a city block isnt a blaze after this faux pas. You must have been unruly when you heard this. Especially when he WINS the fucking cup. Honestly, you would never see Roddick going up and someone saying "and now, from Canada, Andy Roddick." It is something that some people just dont give a shit about, and is terrible. I applaud your calm and collected manner regarding the issue. Good work my friend. This shit has to stop.

Alex said...

That's too bad. When will the world learn. This wasn't much of a rant, however. It was you telling it like it is. Good work.

Alex said...

Hey Igor, I have an idea: post something new.